It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:19 am

DayZ

FPS Discussion Area
  • Author

dirge

Slow Leveler..

DayZ

PostTue Jul 31, 2012 2:19 pm

Has anyone played this? Seems to be quite a lot of noise around it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... -ever-made

"The problem isn't the zombies, despite them being the horrible breed of running zombies made popular by 28 Days Later. Zombies also come running at the sound of gunfire, but that's not the problem, either.

The problem isn't the meticulous plausibility of the Arma 2 engine, which is a sluggish theatre of broken legs, iron sights, bullet drop and orienteering. Neither is the problem the engine's famous inability to handle interiors, making exploring a house a bit like steering a forklift through a hedge maze. At night. While drunk.

The problem is the other 49 players on your server. Every one of which could kill you for something as petty as your box of matches."

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

ImageImage

I think God is a sentient tractor called Terry who lives underground.
Terry is amazing.

Consequences.... are just a harmless by-product of having a good time, all the time.

Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

precooked

bettyforder

Re: DayZ

PostTue Jul 31, 2012 6:44 pm

sounds different and bloody annoying :)
its impossible to be unhappy in a poncho

dirge

Slow Leveler..

PostWed Aug 01, 2012 10:55 am

From what I've read it sounds fantastic, genuine tension from open pvp and if you make a loud noise you're zombie food.

It's being copied into an mmo.... already, called War Z. No affiliation. Missed the steam sale on Arma2, so to play Day Z you need the game + expansion and it's 25 quid... I want to play it, but would be better with people we know.

Don't fancy constantly being killed by american kids.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

ImageImage

Terry is amazing.

Consequences.... are just a harmless by-product of having a good time, all the time.

Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

dirge

Slow Leveler..

PostWed Aug 01, 2012 12:23 pm

ImageImage

Terry is amazing.

frosted

bettyforder

PostThu Nov 15, 2012 5:56 pm

fancy this one as well - but need the other stuff on sale first
Heimerdinger, The Revered Inventor!

dirge

Slow Leveler..

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 12:09 pm

40% off on steam atm gogogo!

ImageImage

Terry is amazing.

dirge

Slow Leveler..

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 7:29 pm

fuck! today it's 50% off! I only bought it a few hours ago.... wankers! ah well it's only like 2 quid..

ImageImage

Terry is amazing.

SwiFt

bettyforder

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 12:44 pm

Is anyone still following this? Stable enough to purchase yet?

Streams suggest the zomboids still like to clip through the walls......

dirge

Slow Leveler..

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 9:31 am

I've got the arma version if that still works :S was pissed when they released a new full game to cash in.

ImageImage

Terry is amazing.

SwiFt

bettyforder

PostTue Apr 01, 2014 10:01 am

Yeah I was referring to the standalone alpha version. Not sure I can cope with buying Arma 2 + expansions required then getting mods yadda yadda.

Return to First Person Shooters