It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:43 am

Wildstar

MMORPG Discussion Area
  • Author

SwiFt

bettyforder

Wildstar

PostWed Mar 05, 2014 3:49 pm

So I got a key for the weekend... Did anyone else?

ClanBones

Re: Wildstar

PostWed Mar 05, 2014 7:47 pm

No , I only find out about keys handouts after they run out ... :(
"Pass me another Elf, Sergeant. This one's split ..." - General Ashnak, Orc Commander

SwiFt

bettyforder

PostThu Mar 06, 2014 1:51 pm

:( I lucked out with the Alienware promo.

ClanBones

PostMon Mar 17, 2014 11:17 pm

I gave in ... Pre-ordered.

Might be able to get a few Beta sessions in before launch if Amazon ever figures out how to distribute their pre-order codes ...
"Pass me another Elf, Sergeant. This one's split ..." - General Ashnak, Orc Commander

ClanBones

PostTue Mar 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Woot ! Just got a beta key from mmorpg.com - 12K+ keys left at time of writing - and it was accepted by NC(spit)Soft :D

Go to http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/504/Beta-Weekend-Key-Handout.html - they went down by 300 keys while writing this ...

SwiFt

bettyforder

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 am

My laptop really struggled even on low low low settings. Did a bit research and even folk with laptops a lot more powerful than mine had issues. Going to leave it for a while before deciding what to do, see if they do some optimisation. Did not get levelled high enough to try the features that look cool(housing and mounts, customization) but what I did see in terms of questing was much he same as any other mmo.

dirge

Slow Leveler..

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 11:51 am

got a key but haven't installed yet.
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

ImageImage

I think God is a sentient tractor called Terry who lives underground.
Terry is amazing.

Consequences.... are just a harmless by-product of having a good time, all the time.

Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

SwiFt

bettyforder

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 3:15 pm

I have a key for this weekend. Need to update though, will see if I can catch you on Steam or TS dirge!

ClanBones

PostThu Mar 20, 2014 7:47 pm

As there were 15,000 keys from just one vendor - lord know how many others were dishing them out - for this weekend, I'm suspecting it's going to be a stress test of the login servers. And of the loggin'ers ...
Really looking forward to joining you in the "You are 6,257 in line - please wait" progress bar mini-game ... :shock:

SwiFt

bettyforder

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 9:25 am

Tried for another 30 mins. Laptop struggles put me off again. Looks like I might need some new kit.

dirge

Slow Leveler..

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 2:52 pm

new desktop or laptop then?
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

ImageImage

Terry is amazing.

Consequences.... are just a harmless by-product of having a good time, all the time.

Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

ClanBones

PostMon Mar 24, 2014 7:19 pm

Despite my above earlier concerns, login was a breeze @ Friday 3pm - straight to character creation, though entering the starter realm did take a few attempts.

After that, it was solid playtime till the bloodied insides of my eyelids was all I could see at some point during Saturday am. Apart from a few deliberate server restarts, no client or connection issues. Yay !

A quick nap for a few hours, then off again ! To be confronted by client lockups & CTDs all over the place - without having any client updates in the downtime to blame and updating of system drivers having no effect. Oh, the joy of Beta !

SwiFt

bettyforder

PostTue Mar 25, 2014 12:24 pm

No cash flow atm dirge. Kids eating me out of house and home.

dirge

Slow Leveler..

PostTue Mar 25, 2014 1:53 pm

Aye... finding as they get older they cost more.

ImageImage

Terry is amazing.

SwiFt

bettyforder

PostMon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 am

Now that I have cleansed my laptop I wonder if this will run better.......

dirge

Slow Leveler..

PostThu Jun 05, 2014 8:19 am

so anyone playing this full time?

ImageImage

Terry is amazing.

ClanBones

PostSat Jun 07, 2014 9:09 pm

I'd ordered the game from Amazon a fair while back and got into the early beta as soon as it was available.

I really fancied a tongue-in-cheek sci-fi version of WoW, but after playing the beta flat out for a few weeks - I found it just didn't keep my interest and wasn't enjoying as much as I thought I would :(

Anyways, I cancelled my Amazon order a month ago and carried on occasionally dipping into it until the beta activation expired today.

I'll probably try it out once a month every 6 months or so out of curiosity to see how it grows up, but I'm no longer the sad spotty-faced youf that spent 24h sat at keyboard waiting for the WoW launch servers to work for more than 5min at a time that I once was. I'm a lot balder and fatter now for one thing :)

Return to Massively multiplayer online role-playing games